Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sometimes Television is Just TOO Stoopid!

or Why do I even bother?

Sitting in a hotel room on a trip for work and channel surfing I come upon "The Unit" Now if you've never seen this show, it's about the adventures of a bunch of Army specwar guys as the travel they world destroying bad guys. Having an affinity for those type of units ;) I actually watched a few espisodes last season. The thing is... the show shows the "home front" and portrayed the skipper (or whatever you call an Army Commanding Officer) who is deploying some trooper constantly so he (the CO) can bang his (the trooper's) wife. Well, that kind of amoral crap always pissed me off when I was active duty, and it pissed me off on a TV show ....

So I stopped watching.

Anyway, I'm channel surfing tonight and come across the show. Looks like they're in Afghanistan and the specwar guys are dug in with some regular Army guys... looks like they're about to come under attack so the a female 1Lt commands the men to take up their fighting positions ("stand to?")... then, here's the money shot, she turns to the specwar SGM and says, with all seriousness,

"ya know, you join ROTC to pay for college, but you never think that..."

I about came out of my f...ing chair.

Without getting into what a standard left-wing meme bullsh*t line that is, when was the last time, right as the shit was about to hit the fan, that you heard anyone, anyone, start a conversation about how/why they joined? Give me a f'n break.

Click...bye-bye. Maybe I'll surf in on the show again someday. If it's still on.

BTFW - if regular army guys are in Afghanistan - aren't they more than likely 10th Mountain?
Last I heard, those bubbas are some pretty talented Taliban killin' warrior mofo's. Not the woman-led nincompoops I saw portrayed in the 45 seconds of the show I watched.

If you saw the rest of the show and actually saw some positive portrayal of our warfighters, please comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home