Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Is the Republican Party Listening?

I got a survey in the email from Republican Party Chairman Ken Mehlman on Party Issues and how to win the elections this fall. I thought I'd share my comments to them here..

"Congress has squandered my goodwill such that I'm not even sure I'll vote this year. With Congress' big government, big spending, stay-in-power arrogance - they have betrayed the legacy of Ronald Reagan. Six years in power and government is bigger than ever. Shame on the Republicans in office. The ONLY reason to even CONSIDER voting Republican is to allow the President continue the war on to victory. Otherwise, I'll be wishing there were a decent libertarian candidate in my district."

I'm really of the mind that it's too late to believe they'll return to the party's Reagan roots. "Compassionate Conservatism" turned out to be code for "more big government but Republicans in power."

On yeah... in the survey, several times they ask for how important I rank the "the war on terror." That surprised me becuase the President clearly (finally) defined the enemy in a speech last October...
"... their attacks serve a clear and focused ideology, a set of beliefs and goals that are evil but not insane.
Some call this evil Islamic radicalism. Others militant jihadism. Still, others Islamo-fascism. "
In the January 2006 state of the Union address he called it "Islamic Radicalism."

The President said it correctly both times, I guess the Republican party didn't get the memo. Still not listening? Listen! Don't backtrack. Key word is Islamic.


Head on back to Mudville or go to my main page...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home