Wednesday, March 08, 2006

CBS TV: The UNIT - We're Finally the Good Guys

I liked this show. What? Liked something from Hollywood in 2006? Am I getting old? Have I lowered my standards?
I don't know, but I have been waiting for someone to come out with a show where we're the good guys. I can't remember the last time I saw an American character, good guy, cap a jihadi screaming Allahu Akbar in primetime. It's about time. We're at war. It's time Hollywood showed who the enemy is... and it's not Halliburton. Great juxtaposition with the wives. True. I was disappointed in the last scene where we find that the commander is nailing a subordinate's wife. It happens, yes, but is found out quickly and destroys careers. It happens, but isn't acceptable. The only proper way to finish that story line will be for him to get canned.

The whiny wife, the stoic-supportive wife, the slutty wife. Yep - those are all familiar territory. My wife (who was the stoic-supportive type) enjoyed seeing that angle.

Technical details... okay, they got stuff wrong... but hey, it's Hollywood and I was so thrilled to see US forces portrayed as the unambiguous good guys that I was willing to let em slide on that. Keep it up. Pull no punches.

Head Back to Mudville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home