Saturday, January 02, 2010

In Praise of the Otter Box

Early in December my son and I got 3G iPhones for Christmas. While I was at the store buying them, another customer introduced us to the Otter box by drop kicking his Otter Box Defender-encased $500 iPhone against the wall. Having seen the punishment a phone takes under normal teen use, I was sold. The things are expensive, retail $50 each, but AT&T had a 2 for 1 offer, so we got Otter Box Defender cases for both phones.



I am impressed. These boxes are tough. I even used my phone in the rain the other day. Haven't dropped it yet, but when it happens, I know my machine will be well protected. After a month of daily use, there is not a single scratch on the new phones. (My son takes them out of the case for cleaning every few days). ATT doesn't insure the iPhones, so if you have one - an Otter Box is one of the best ways to protect your hard earned money.

BTW, it took me a while to make the linguistic connection between Otter Box and Outer Box. My son saw it. My wife saw it right off, and English is not even her first language. Some days I'm a little slow I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home