Saturday, April 24, 2010

PBUH and Support South Park in the Draw Mohammad Day - May 20

I've been a fan of South Park for years. It's the best social political satire out there. I watched both of this season's super best friends episodes. (In South Park they depict Jesus, Mohammad, Buddha, John Smith, Lao Tzu, Moses and Sea Man as Segway riding super heroes) The joke in this episode was that since they couldn't depict Mohammad, they put him in a U haul, then in a bear suit. The easily-offended went nuts, "predicting" that the South Park creators would wind up dead in the street like Dutch film maker Theo Van Gogh. Comedy Central caved, at in the second episode, they censored both the bear suit and the commentary on censorship. Yes, you heard that right, they censored the kids' commentary on censorship. (I had both episodes on DVR, but deleted them, thinking if I wanted to watch them again, I could see them On-Demand. Bad decision.)

So.... in support of the First Amendment, and as a finger in the eye of the censors,
I announce that I will participate in Draw Mohammad Day on May 20.

My other regular reads that are supporting this effort are (of course)
Instapundit
Hot Air
Commander Salamander


Update: Jon Stewart gets it....

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
South Park Death Threats
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home