Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Expect Premium Ingredients in a Premium Product.

Thought I would pick up some ice cream at Publix tonight and got to checking ingredients. Ben and Jerry's, Haagen Daas, Dove, all premium ice creams at about $3.79 a pint. All with corn syrup as a sweetener. Even a Publix "homemade" brand had it. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't add corn syrup to a home churned ice cream.

My point is that corn syrup is used because it's a cheap sweetener. Understandable in a cheaper product, but not in a premium brand. If I pay premium prices for a premium brand, I expect premium ingredients. For sweets, that means good old cane sugar. Did Ben and Jerry, Haagen Daas, and Dove forget that?

Breyers is apparently the only one that gets it. At half the price (5.79 for a "half gallon"). I bought two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home